Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
Toronto, Canada
Torontonian mama to almost 4 year old W and 1 year old L. Love to cook and bake and experiment with new recipes from cookbooks, blogs, friends, magazines.

Monday, March 15, 2010

Cutesy Butterfly Chicken Pot Pie

Ina Garten (not "in a garden" as I always used to read it) is my all time favourite Food Network host. There's something so comforting about her home in the Hampton's, and the food she cooks on her show. This morning as I ate my Cheerios and downed my coffee I scoped out www.foodnetwork.com for dinner ideas and came across this which I couldn't wait to make.

Since spring is upon us, I decided to make the biscuits into butterfly shapes, or maybe I did it because I don't actually own any other cookie cutter shape. It was cute, nonetheless. The stew turned out delissioso, and I'm glad too, because this is what B will be eating for lunch for the next 35 days or so. ha!









5 comments:

  1. Yay! You 'cooked and posted' again - it's been a while...and once again, YOUR version looks yummier than the original recipe does. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Martha! Lately Ive been enjoying photographing the dishes almost as much as cooking and eating them. Your kid (Ron) would love this meal ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so cute! Love the presentation. And the soup sounds really yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. actually, Ron HATES peas! I love peas and can't add them to dishes because he claims he was forced to eat peas as a child and now can't stand them. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this. looks adorable/amazing. and im sure it tasted delicious!

    ReplyDelete