Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
Toronto, Canada
Torontonian mama to almost 4 year old W and 1 year old L. Love to cook and bake and experiment with new recipes from cookbooks, blogs, friends, magazines.

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Dabbling in Veganism

I would love to go Vegan, but now is probably not the best time in my life to start, seeing as I'm 5 months pregnant..oh and by the way, we found out on Monday that it's a BOY!! Due date is October 31st which is not ideal, so I'll try my best to keep him in there at least until November 1st. The newest reason for my peaked interest in Veganism is a new blog I found which has some pretty amazing recipes on it. Last night for dinner I made the Thai inspired chickpea salad featured on the aforementioned blog. It was enough of a meal for myself (and baby boy)but for B and little W I accompanied the salad with a few grilled organic pork sausages, a baguette and goat's cheese with truffles, thanks to my new favourite foodie; Mark McEwan.



Please excuse the poor quality picture.

2 comments:

  1. A BOY! SO happy for you guys...missed your blogging...once again you share a recipe that inspires me to try it...even with everyone else's boring tastebuds in the house...I like your suggestion of adding some type of meat on the side, etc., to 'round' it out for those around here who will absolutely 'starve' without their meat! I will let you know how I/we like it. Keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Martha! It was a great meal, let me know how it turns out for you. If you are wondering about the miso paste, it's also called soybean paste in the store, I was able to find it at our local grocery store.

    ReplyDelete