Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
Toronto, Canada
Torontonian mama to almost 4 year old W and 1 year old L. Love to cook and bake and experiment with new recipes from cookbooks, blogs, friends, magazines.

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The shrill of a squaking squirrel

Even though we haven't left the house yet, it's been a fine day. We had a morning chock-full of giggles, photo ops, dress-up and a certain little someone decided she was actually hungry today. hungry! this makes mama happy.

Several months ago I decided it was time to vamp up my domestic skills. Off i went to Chapters and purchased 2 new cookbooks which I now use on a weekly basis. Charlie Trotter's Home Cooking and Perfect Salads by Linda Doeser. I've also been using recipes from blogs written by, in my opinion, culinary geniuses. Recently I've discovered that I no longer loathe cooking and have learned to embrace it because until I get that maid i've been longing for, im the sole cook in this joint. I was always so afraid to venture out and try new recipes and ingredients, but I knew my husband and child could not live off Quinoa alone..but by every word that proceedeth from the mouth of God...so i started incorporating more meat, potatoes, and BUTTER! Once in a while ill whip up a scant albiet scrumptious salad, last night was a feta, strawberry and mint salad, no mint and added brown rice fusilli. Tonight im going to make Asian Lettuce wraps, the recipe is from a blog i enjoy reading called alexandra's kitchen. Her meals and photos are phennomenal!

The house is quiet, the dust has (somewhat) settled and life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment