Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
Toronto, Canada
Torontonian mama to almost 4 year old W and 1 year old L. Love to cook and bake and experiment with new recipes from cookbooks, blogs, friends, magazines.

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Dinner for 7 and Deja-vu of Hypnobirthing Class



Last night we had friends (+kids) over for dinner, they were also our Hypnobirthing teachers and sadly the last time they were over was when I was 9 months pregnant. Its nice to reconnect with friends you haven't spent time with in a while. On the menu for the evening was: comfort food, which consisted of Beef Bourguinon, mashed potatoes (with exessive amounts of butter) a chopped salad with a homemade honey-dijon dressing and baked butternut squash with butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. Our guests brought a homemade plum/peach tart which was very pretty!


Tonight we are heading to our friends adorable downtown condo for dinner, I'm bringing dessert, which I'm very excited about. It's a Chocolate Bourbon Peacan Pie, the recipe is from Charlie Trotter's Home Cooking cookbook. It is cooling in the fridge as I type, and I cannot wait to see how it turned out. My favourite part of the recipe is the crust, it's made up of unsalted butter, cream cheese and 4oz of flour, it is supposed to be incredibly flaky and delicious! I've also never made a pecan pie which called for Bourbon, I used Bulleit Bourbon..pronounced bullet..which is my personal choice of Bourbon.







I've had a headache all day.


I just looked at this picture, and feel slightly better. My little girl wearing my riding helmet yesterday after my lesson.






My next adventure will be to learn how to make authentic Hungarian Paprikas, jó étel! I'm excited about making this spicy dish!

No comments:

Post a Comment