Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
Toronto, Canada
Torontonian mama to almost 4 year old W and 1 year old L. Love to cook and bake and experiment with new recipes from cookbooks, blogs, friends, magazines.

Sunday, November 22, 2009

I have a challenge for you lovely readers

I'm back home from 3 weeks in Toronto and a weekend in Quebec City. Although B worked non-stop we still managed to cram alot of fun things into our time. Including, a sweet horse and carriage ride thorough Old Quebec City which picked us up right infront of our hotel Le Chateau Frontenac, which is 116 years old this year and really does look like a Chateau!


The last time I was in Quebec City was in grade 8, which would have been close to 14 years ago. On the first night in QC, B and I headed out to look for a good place to have dinner, we eneded up at this adorable little French bistro, and the hotel it was attached to looked wickedly familiar. As we waited for our food, I walked into the hotel lobby to see if it brought back memories. Indeed, it was the hotel my grade 8 class stayed at 14 years ago.


So here is the aforementioned challenge; for dinner at Les Freres de la Cote, B ordered something that made me very uncomfortable. Look closely at the picture and tell me in the comments section what type of meat it is. The winner will get a package of goodies sent to their house. This is a real contest, so whomever I told already...you don't qualify.

I will leave you with that.
Good luck to all!

7 comments:

  1. next contest don't post the name of the restaurant....I tried to cheat by looking up the menu...I was looking for something disgusting like ox tongue ( the shape of the cut of meat looks kind of like that) or lamb's brain, but my guess is horse flank steak? Shallots and red wine sauce? You LOVE horses so horse steak would make you uncomfortable??? Boot me out for cheating, but let me know if I am right or wrong, ok? This was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. given your level of discomfort, i'm going to say horse. how did it taste?

    ReplyDelete
  3. eewww....horse? how icky if you rode in the carriage and then ate the horse? did he like it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. it was horse! I almost cried, and begged the waiter to not let him order it. Jordana, he hated it, it was so tough (not a surprise) and after 3 bites he could not touch it, and his stomach felt like a brick for 3 days after, and deservedly so! Because I didnt make any rules, Martha you are the winner! Congratulations. Email your address to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...I didn't know that was an animal anyone ever ate!

    Mariana

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess I am a little late on this, but I would have guessed cow tounge, or some other part of the body you aren't suppose to eat....
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mariana, I had no idea either! Rose, good call, after looking at the picture again, it really does look like cow tounge. Which is worse that or MOSAK! yuck :(

    ReplyDelete