Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
Toronto, Canada
Torontonian mama to almost 4 year old W and 1 year old L. Love to cook and bake and experiment with new recipes from cookbooks, blogs, friends, magazines.

Friday, February 19, 2010

Hoisin Lettuce Wraps

These Lettuce wraps were similar to the ones served at P.F. Changs, except ten times better! Thanks Sook the Cook for the awesome recipe, the leftovers were even better. The only change I made was I added 1 cup of Bamboo shoots to the mix of vegetables.

You can find the recipe here.
Because my husband always comes home from work famished, he munches while I finish preparing dinner, and generally spoils his appetite. Last night I decided to be ahead of the game. since the Leuttuce Wraps are very light, I made Korean Tonkatsu (also adapted from Sook the Cook) as an appetizer so B could eat a little something before the main meal. The Panko breading of the Tokatsu was perfect, however next time I plan on using Chicken instead of Pork.

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you enjoyed the lettuce wraps! And the tonkatsu, too. I also use chicken a lot of times. Make sure to pound the meat really well, so it's tender. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vi, we just finished eating our lettuce wraps and WE LOVED THEM!!! we've never had them before (though someone highly recommended PF Changs' to me). I will definately make them again, maybe the day after tomorrow (tomorrow night is your slow cook chicken stew!)rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool! Glad you loved them. I can truthfully say they taste even better the next day. Let me know how the stew turns out.

    ReplyDelete