Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
Toronto, Canada
Torontonian mama to almost 4 year old W and 1 year old L. Love to cook and bake and experiment with new recipes from cookbooks, blogs, friends, magazines.

Friday, October 2, 2009

We're getting a bird and naming her Cupcake

This made my day! My little model :)

When I woke up yesterday morning, I felt like having an easy day so I decided not to make dinner and perhaps convince B we needed some Chanosos..for the second time this week! Around 3pm I started getting the bug to make a creative dinner...so as W napped, i flicked on the Food Network and was instantly glued to Oliver's Twist. Jamie Oliver was making this beautiful quattro fromaggio quiche that I wanted to make too. I flipped open my laptop and went to the Food Network website to snag the recipe, and even though hubby doesn't like quiches' I had a feeling this one would be different. Sadly, I did not find the recipe, but as I was searching the site, I came across a pizza recipe that looked too scrumptious to pass up. It was Giada De Laurentis' Roasted Acorn, Arugala and Gorgonzola pizza. For the dough, I used Wolfgank Puck's go-to pizza dough recipe, which was so easy to make but required 2 hours to rise. The dough recipe yielded enough for 2 pizzas so on the second one I put a thin layer of pizza sauce, the rest of the gorgonzola, some feta, mozzarella, spicy chorizo sausage, fresh basil and a generous drizzle of olive oil. Both pizzas turned out nicely, but we prefered my made up version better than Giada's. I was, however, very impressed with the way the acorn squash turned out, before roasting I tossed it with red pepper flakes, maple syrup, olive oil, salt & pepper. I will definitely make it again, just not on a pizza.



B is leaving for Boston tomorrow, it makes me sad but Iam looking forward to leaving W at my parent's and joining him in 2 weeks from today!!! I can't wait to visit Harvard Square and have a latte at La Crema Cafe which is quite possibly one of the best cafes I have ever been to, it was also where we met the guys from the NPR show, Car Talk. I love Cambridge and Boston, and would move there tomorrow.

Wish me luck on my 3 weeks sans husband. I will need it!

Riding on Monday! :) :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment