Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
Toronto, Canada
Torontonian mama to almost 4 year old W and 1 year old L. Love to cook and bake and experiment with new recipes from cookbooks, blogs, friends, magazines.

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Dinner 4 4

I am an avid follower of my friend Jordana's blog because the recipes she tries always look so good, she also gives me good ideas and inspiration through her posts and pictures of the yummy food she cooks up! Last night we had A & J over for dinner so I decided to make Roast Chicken with Lemony Bombay Potatoes adapted from Jamie Oliver's Cook with Jamie, which She featured a few weeks ago. It turned out great, and was a simple one dish meal which I will definitely make again.



So with B being back in town after his 3 weeks in Boston, life is good! While he was away I barely cooked dinner, I would either get take-out or make salads for dinner. However one evening I felt like being creative so I put together a tofu stirfry with spicy Chilli sauce and Dijon mustard sauce. it was satisfying and healthy! Sometimes I make up a similar dish, but with a coconut peanut sauce instead.





I steamed the asparagus and tossed it with the tofu.

I currently have an apple pie with a streussel topping in the oven, sadly, it's not looking very promising. It's been in there for 45 minutes (5 more to go) and I just realized I forgot to dot the apples with butter...OOPS! hope it's not a big deal.

How do you know if you have H1N1? I feel like I have it, but only in the mornings, my chest hurts and I have a croup-like cough which generally lasts until 10am. Should I be worried? I really wanted to hit the gym hard starting this week, but this cold/cough/h1n1 thing is in the way of me and a good run. Frustrating, but at least I have a riding lesson on Friday and a massage on Saturday morning.

Tonight for dinner is Veal Scallopini taken from here and steamed Broccolini (which is hard to find in this town!) It's so much better than regular Broccoli, and the name is cute too!

3 comments:

  1. Well how was the pie without the dots of butter.???

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out perfectly! Im not a fan of fruity pies, but this one was incredible! the butter is definitely optional! pictures and recipe will be posted tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like the chicken turned out well! yay! I love that dish.

    ReplyDelete