Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
Toronto, Canada
Torontonian mama to almost 4 year old W and 1 year old L. Love to cook and bake and experiment with new recipes from cookbooks, blogs, friends, magazines.

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Cooking to Di for

This is Violet's Mom ( Diana )

Cooking has always been my passion. Having a house full of kids and a husband who all love food my life has been very fruitful. I always like to try new things and usually end up with keepers so my list goes on and on with my recipes.

Here is one of our favorite desserts. Poppyseed strudel / Makara





Something else I love to do is scan the newspapers and magazines for interesting recipes. Here is one I found in the Toronto Star for Roasted Sweet Potatoe and Red Onions with Black Beans and cilantro / dressing of Lime juice,olive oil and jalepeno peppers. YUMMO


This was so easy and yet so very very good.


This is the start of something good.


And now for the finished product.



4 comments:

  1. The "finished product" needs to end up in my tummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poppyseed strudel is my FAVORITE!
    Mariana

    ReplyDelete
  3. mom, when you showed me that clipping from the paper i thought it sounded good - now i see it looks GREAT! (next step is for me to try it and say IT'S FANTASTIC!)
    and, btw everyone, i got a piece of that strudel and MAN WAS IT GOOD!
    >Becky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Becky, the sweet potato thing was so GOOD!! we thought of you when we were making it. you have to get the recipe from mom!

    ReplyDelete